03 1 / 2014
Moving this here so it won’t get lost on my Twitter feed.
10. Jay Bell 1999 baseball-reference.com/players/b/bell… a solid shortstop who hit 124 dingers in 12 years suddenly blasts 38 out of nowhere
9. Ken Caminiti 1996 baseball-reference.com/players/b/bell… Did so many steroids that he died and robbed Mike Piazza of his rightful MVP.
8. Esteban Loiaza 2003 baseball-reference.com/players/l/loai…. A career 69-73 with a 4.88 ERA pitcher suddenly leads the league in strikeouts.
7. Rich Aurilla 2001 baseball-reference.com/players/a/auri… outside of 2001 the man had a .740 OPS. Randomly hit 37 dingers and hit .326 that year
6. Brady Anderson 1996. baseball-reference.com/players/a/ande… Because he did a ton of roids he’s the only man with a 50 dinger season and a 50 steal season
5. Sammy Sosa 2001 baseball-reference.com/players/s/sosa… The man hit .328/.437/.737 and wasn’t anywhere near being the best player in baseball.
3. Eric Gagne 2003 baseball-reference.com/players/g/gagn… a decent pitching prospect suddenly becomes the most unhittable pitcher of all time
2. Brett Boone 2001. baseball-reference.com/players/b/boon… Boone increased his WAR by 8.6 from 2000 to 2001, the biggest jump ever
1. It’s a five way tie! Barry Bonds 2000-2004 baseball-reference.com/players/b/bond….Remember that Barry’s biggest detractors say he could have destroyed the game whenever he felt like it.